What’s happening this weekend? (July 13th – July 15th)
A little list of things happening this weekend in and around Geneva. Have an event you would like to share/something we missed? Please feel free to post details in the comments below.
– Rock-Steady Go! at Lagravière Acacias from 23h55-05h (8CHF entry)
– Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind at CinéTransat tonight
– Movie screening – Paris – Manhattan at the Geneva Art Festival (21h45)
– Fête de la Tomate – an entire festival celebrating the tomato in Carouge!! Great for the family as there will be a small farm, animations and tomato degustation…
– Geneva Lake Parade – The parade will depart at 16h and the celebrations will continue until 03h. This festival shuts down a lot of the city, so commuting can be very difficult. If you want to escape Geneva, I suggest you do so early… if not stay and enjoy the party atmosphere.
– Lake Parade after party at Lagravière Acacias, this is just one of the many after parties happening around the city!!
– After Lake Parade at Silencio, DJ’s, house music and electro…
– The Boat that Rocked CinéTransat tonight (we’ll be there if you want to come say hi!!)
– Ok, not in Geneva… but it’s an easy day trip. Annecy – Celebrate Bastille day in Annecy with fireworks, animations, live music and more!!
– Flea Markets in Plainpalais
– Carouge markets
– Asterix et Obelix: Mission Cleopatre at CinéTransat
– Randonnées pédestres gratuites au Salève – Ever wanted to hike the Salève?? Every Sunday there is a free hiking group going up the Salève. Each week a new route is taken (between 3-8 hours), hike with a guide and the safety of a group. Check out here for more information.
– Dear Geneva suggestion – Brunch anyone??? Why not have a leisurely brunch at either… Ô Calme, Cheval Blanc (buffet style with eggs and bacon… plus much more!) or Le Pain Quotidien? All serve brunch on a Sunday, Bookings required at O’Calme and Cheval Blanc.
– Dear Geneva suggestion – Food markets in PlainPalais… Grab some supplies and have a delicious picnic somewhere by the lake
– Dear Geneva suggestion – Take a beautiful CGN boat ride (weather permitting) on the Lake, enjoy the beautiful surrounds and hop of somewhere new for a little look around.
– Dear Geneva suggestion – Why not book a return train journey somewhere new, for example, a few Sundays ago I headed to Montreux for the day, had a look around, hired a peddle boat and picnicked in the middle of the lake and enjoyed the beautiful view… not a bad Sunday as you can see here! With the Jazz festival on the atmosphere is electric!!
Stuck for things to do? Don’t forget our Sunday Survival Guide, a growing list of Sunday suggestions.
Know about something we don’t?? Please let us know and we will add it to the list…