What’s happening this weekend? (July 6 – July 8th)
A little list of things happening this weekend in and around Geneva. Have an event you would like to share/something we missed? Please feel free to post details in the comments below.
– Geneva Art Festival premiere screening of the film “My Best Men”
– House music at Lagravière Acacias
– Jamacian Bounce (GC Sound) at Chat Noir
– The Sonics (USA) at PTR
– “Block’n’Roll” at Lagravière Acacias – 8CHF entry and kicking off at 23h55. Don’t forget your dancing shoes!
– Chylorama DJ set at Chat Noir (Funk, soul and hip-hop)
– Geneva Art Festival “Garden Party” (13h00 – 19h00) – Enjoy stunning lake views, sun and live music (DJ sets), jacuzzi, animations and more!! If you would like to reserve a table contact Geneva Art Café.
– Summer Break(down) Festival at Le KAB – Hardcore rock and death metal festival with a huge line-up!!
– La Nuit de la Science – The Museum of History and Science are opening their doors and allowing the public to play scientists. With over 60 stalls covering everything from biology, chemistry, neuropsychology, medicine and bioinformatics, come along and get your nerd on, it will be fun!!!
– Flea Markets in Plainpalais
– Carouge markets
– La Nuit de la Science continues – The Museum of History and Science are opening their doors and allowing the public to play scientists. With over 60 stalls covering everything from biology, chemistry, neuropsychology, medicine and bioinformatics, come along and get your nerd on, it will be fun!!!
– Silent Party at La Petite Reine with Constellation 15h-18h, Rascar Capac 18h-20h and Schild K 20h-22h
– Randonnées pédestres gratuites au Salève – Ever wanted to hike the Salève?? Every Sunday there is a free hiking group going up the Salève. Each week a new route is taken (between 3-8 hours), hike with a guide and the safety of a group. Check out here for more information.
– Dear Geneva suggestion – Brunch anyone??? Why not have a leisurely brunch at either… Ô Calme, Cheval Blanc (buffet style with eggs and bacon… plus much more!) or Le Pain Quotidien? All serve brunch on a Sunday, Bookings required at O’Calme and Cheval Blanc.
– Dear Geneva suggestion – Food markets in PlainPalais… Grab some supplies and have a delicious picnic somewhere by the lake
– Dear Geneva suggestion – Take a beautiful CGN boat ride (weather permitting) on the Lake, enjoy the beautiful surrounds and hop of somewhere new for a little look around.
– Dear Geneva suggestion – Why not book a return train journey somewhere new, for example, a few Sundays ago I headed to Montreux for the day, had a look around, hired a peddle boat and picnicked in the middle of the lake and enjoyed the beautiful view… not a bad Sunday as you can see here! With the Jazz festival on the atmosphere is electric!!
Stuck for things to do? Don’t forget our Sunday Survival Guide, a growing list of Sunday suggestions.
Know about something we don’t?? Please let us know and we will add it to the list…